Dubai puts on a terrific fireworks show every New Year’s Eve at multiple locations. These displays are usually combined with multi-colored laser shows that are incredible to watch. Dubai’s NYE fireworks are so popular that people from all walks of life visit Dubai in December just to witness the fireworks spectacular. The magnificent laser display at the Burj Khalifa was so spectacular in 2017 that the official video of the event went viral. This year, we look forward to a grander, more scintillating display, fingers crossed. Here are the best places in Dubai from where you can score top views of the fireworks display.
Burj Al Arab Fireworks: Best Spots
Every year since it was built, the Burj al Arab has been putting on a magnificent show. Now with 2019 around the corner, we expect nothing but the very best from the Burj al Arab. If you want to truly celebrate New Year’s Eve in Dubai, head to one of these locations:
- Sunset Beach: From here you can enjoy the most epic view of the fireworks at the Burj al Arab. You can spread a blanket, bring a picnic dinner or eat at one of the many food trucks lining the beach. Be sure to arrive early though; a lot of people will have the same idea as you!
- Al Sufouh Beach: From Al Sufouh Beach, you get to enjoy the Burj al Arab and the Palm Jumeirah fireworks. Al Sufouh Beach is located strategically between the two major extravaganzas. You can actually drive your car right into the beach’s sands, and watch the show comfortably while sitting in your car.
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel: The wave-shaped Jumeirah Beach Hotel is located right in front of the Burj Al Arab. The Jumeirah Beach Hotel has several restaurants which put on New Year’s celebrations. Sign up for the NYE celebrations at one of these restaurants and enjoy a free flow of beverages. Toast NYE with champagne and delight in the Burj Al Arab’s fireworks.
- Souk Madinat Jumeirah: The Souk Madinat Jumeirah has what is perhaps the best view of the Burj Al Arab, overlooking its Venice-like water canals. If you want the best views of the Burj al Arab’s fireworks, here’s where you should be on NYE. This traditional Arab-style market has several restaurants and bars where you can celebrate the final moments of the year 2018 while feasting your eyes on the scintillating fireworks display at the Burj al Arab.
Burj Khalifa Fireworks: Best Spots
In 2017, the Burj Khalifa put on an enviable laser show, forsaking the traditional fireworks display. However, this year, Emaar Developers have confirmed that due to popular demand, the fireworks display will be back celebrating the New Year at the world’s tallest tower. So there will be a spectacular fireworks display on NYE at the Burj Khalifa and the world will be agog. So where do you want to be standing so that you catch the best views?
- Jumeirah Zabeel Saray: This place offers lavish cuisine, premium champagne and an exquisite view of the Palm Jumeirah fireworks. Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a hotel in which people go to spend New Year’s Eve in style. It’s a place for those who are willing to spend a little more on their New Year’s festivities, with prices as high as 2,900 AED. The luxurious hotel has impeccable decor and will make for an unforgettable start to the New Year.
- Jumeirah Al Qasr: Jumeirah Al Qasr Hotel’s Pierchic offers an extravagant dinner that will make any other New Year’s celebration seem like a mere night out. The five-course dinner ranges in price from 3,500 AED to 5,500 AED depending on the seating and includes a free flow of champagne. Spending the night here is definitely the experience of a lifetime and an extravagant way to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Dubai.
- Jumeirah Emirates Towers: Want to escape the Burj Al Arab crowd? Then head to Jumeirah Emirates Towers, which is one of the best places to watch the fireworks show put on by the tallest building in the world. The restaurants at the Jumeirah Emirates Towers cater to every budget on this big night, which makes it an attractive option.
- Souk Al Bahar: Souk Al Bahar is located right next to Dubai Mall. From this location, you’ll get a lovely bird’s eye view of the fireworks at the Burj Khalifa. The food outlets at the Dubai Mall don’t not serve alcohol, but Souk Al Bahar’s beverage outlets do. Go ahead and toast the New Year with champagne and enjoy the fireworks.
Dubai Festival City Fireworks Display
Be ready to visit the Dubai Festival City at 7 P.M. on NYE. Be on the site of IMAGINE for the aquatic light show. This will be followed up with four special fireworks displays at 9 P.M., 10 P.M., and 11 P.M. This is followed by the mind-blowing grand finale at midnight, all set to welcome 2019.
Global Village Fireworks Display
At the stroke of midnight, the Dubai Global Village will feature seven minutes of exciting fireworks to ring in the New Year. The countdown will be repeated seven times, each based on seven selected countries’ time zones. At each countdown, there’ll be a stupendous fireworks display. Be there!
Palm Jumeirah Fireworks Display
On NYE, the whole Palm Jumeirah archipelago will lit up with magnificent fireworks and laser shows. Be sure to train your eyes on Atlantis The Palm for the monolithic fireworks display.
- Boardwalk: Place yourself anywhere along the 11km boardwalk around the Palm’s crescent to catch the display. You can walk freely from Rixos The Palm Dubai hotel at the eastern tip of the crescent to the One&Only The Palm on the western side.
Club Vista Mare: You can get a great view of the fireworks from the Palm Jumeirah’s Club Vista Mare, which will be putting on its own fireworks display this year. Grab a table at one of the seven beachfront restaurants and bars and enjoy the fireworks at the Palm Jumeirah. One of these restaurants will be fine: The Tap House, Simply Italian, Breeze, Abyat, Gursha, Ibn AlBahr or Ají.
Qasr Al Sultan Fireworks Display
This desert destination is going to put on a stellar NYE fireworks display, complete with incredible food and great entertainment. If you happen to be close to the desert on NYE, this is the place to be. Explore the Grand Food Bazaar and enjoy live performances, Tanura dancing, belly dancing and a live international band. You can even visit Dukan Zaman to find out more about ancient Middle Eastern traditions. Kids will particularly enjoy the falcon displays. At the stroke of midnight though, everything stops for the fireworks display.
Dubai is famous for its remarkable fireworks displays to welcome the New Year. What better time to visit Dubai than when it’s at its most vibrant? Pack your bags today and head to Dubai and enjoy multiple NYE celebrations all through the night.
Select any car for as many days as you wish and we will deliver the car to your doorstep!
*Operational in Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Abu Dhabi & RAK
Download the app now and start renting!